Ref.3298 : French chateau for sale in Normandy.
This magnificent property is located in a pretty countryside at only 13 km from the sea and 6 km from a village providing basic amenities. It is easily accessible from Paris by the motorway and by the train (190km).
The chateau, entirely built in stone in about 1560, is located in the middle of a vast park of about 113 acres with a large view. The square-shaped main building is surrounded by four quadrangular pavilions, strongly prominent, the high roofs of which are surmounted by four statues symbolizing the four cardinal virtues (prudence, temperance, strength and justice).
The lateral facades are pierced with rare and small openings and each have a loggia allowing access from one pavilion to another. The sobriety of the side facades contrast with the architectural richness of the other two facades, adorned with sculptures representing the coat of arms of the builders.
A major campaign of construction and restoration was carried out from 1870 to 1890, giving the domain its present appearance.
The chateau is of a magnificent architectural quality, stone columns, Italian loggias, coffered ceiling...
The chateau, of about 750sqm, comprises:
On the ground floor: a large entrance hall with a ?Double Revolution? stone stairway leading to the upper floor, a magnificent living room of 90sqm with gallery and high ceilings (7,5m), small living room of 40sqm, large and small dining room, study, boudoir, office, miscellaneous rooms.
On the first floor: 3 main bedrooms, two bathrooms, utility rooms.
On the second floor: 4 main bedrooms, 2 loggia, 2 bathrooms, 2 rooms in need of renovation.
On the third floor: bedrooms and utility rooms.
On the vaulted basement: large kitchen with a monumental fireplace, playroom, cellars, linen room, toilets, boiler rooms, miscellaneous utility rooms.
The entire interior of the chateau contains unusual architectural details and typical of the Italian Renaissance, with ribbed ceilings, tiles with the arms of the family, woodworks, carved oak fireplaces, oak parquet floorings...
The outbuildings are numerous and comprise:
A charming Listed Gothic chapel and its aromatic garden.
An elegant secondary half-timbered house built in the 19th C. local tile roofs.
A richly ornamented dimiere barn called the ?porch?
Saint Jean half-timbered and brick surrounded by a maze of vegetation.
A 19th C. model farm with decorated barns and stables
Several small annexes houses in the park.
Garages and workshops.
Old brick farm buildings.
The land of 113 acres (free of tenants) is located in a pleasant environment, it comprises:
An English-style garden of which a vast landscaping was put in place around 1850 with plantation alignments of beeches and creation of a great perspective of more than 1km.
An aromatic garden jousting the chapel.
A labyrinth of bushes situated around the dovecote.
A vegetable garden surrounded by walls and small towers where there is a swimming pool.
Woods with various species of trees.
Meadows where horses could graze.
The whole is decorated with statues, plantations, small ponds, a swimming pool and massive rhododendrons.