XVth Century Medieval Castle
A few km from St Lô, and only one hour away from the channel ports of Cherbourg and Caen, 15mn from a railway station, with frequent services to Paris, very pretty XV Century Medieval Castle. The Castle is tastefully renovated and offers approximately 450m² of living space over 13 main rooms on 3 floors. There are 7 Bedrooms with 2 further roof rooms to convert. There are 2 principal reception rooms and many outstanding architectural elements, stone fireplaces, exposed beams, old floor tiles, large stone spiral staircase and an ancient moat. In addition there are several large outbuildings one with a small apartment, a 5 car garage, workshop and barn. The pond is part of the moat which is fed from its 800M of Category 3 fishing river. The private land amounts to 11 hectares (27 acres) of meadows and fields, beautiful peaceful countryside, towns and shops nearby.
Ground floor :
- Beautiful entrance hall of 16m²,
- Bar 10m²,
- Dining room 30m² with fireplace
- Large Drawing Room 39m² with fireplace,
- Conservatory 16m²,
- Kitchen 18m²,
- Further kitchen/utility room, Cloakroom.
First floor :
- 3 bedrooms of 19, 24 and 25m² each with bathroom/shower and toilet with ancient fireplaces and beautiful old architectural elements.
Second floor :
- 3 bedrooms of 20, 21 and 22m², 2 with ancient fireplaces, one with dressing room all have bathroom/shower room and toilet.
Third Floor :
- 1 bedroom of 11m² with exposed stone walls and ancient fireplace, plus 2 roof rooms of 10 and 11m² for development.
Taxe foncière : 1.800 €; - Taxe d'habitation 960 €;