The latest luxury houses/villas for sale • Angoulême
Located 20 km south of Angoulême, this stunning fortified manor (logis) is simply one of the most exceptional 15th C renaissance homes in France. Offering approx. 650 m² of living accommodation, this listed property was completely restored in 2007. Today, it is a warm and graceful home where friends and family are generously greeted. The architecture is a blend of Medieval and Renaissance craftsmanship and details; the interiors and comfort-level are completely modern. The configuration includes a Manor house with two large master bedrooms, each with ensuite feature bathrooms. There are three independent guest suites, each with ensuite bathroom and a caretaker's cottage with bedroom, salon, equipped kitchen, one full and one ½ bath. Additionally, the property includes a big reception room, stables (which can be converted into extra suites for guests or family) and garages. A stone farm and a barn to renovate offer many possibilities. Surrounded by 6,33 ha (15,6 acres) of land, this unique property enjoys a quiet and tranquil setting, with no direct neighbours (the nearest neighbour is about one kilometer away). A sanctuary of understated luxury and harmony. EXCEPTIONAL!
Listed chateau consisting of an 18th C. part with three levels (2nd floor to restore), and a wing dating back to the 15th C. (to renovate), with vaulted cellar. Caretaker's cottage, barns, horse boxes. Gite for 14 persons. Hunting room. Kennels. Swimming pool. The all set in about 90 ha of woods with lake.
10 mns from all amenities
10 mns from the RN10
10 mns from Angoulême (TGV station)
Airports: Bordeaux 1h43, Limoges 1h28, Poitiers 1h25
FOR SALE. Located near the charming town of Angoulême, Beautiful Manoir, dating back to the 16th Century with 320m² of floor space. Fully refurbished summer house of 80m². 2 guests houses. Surrounded by 9000m² of parkland, and crossed by the local river which gently flows around the double stone stairway and feeds a large pond. Spacious rooms. Original features. 8 main rooms including 2 reception rooms. Total of 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, one of which is en-suite, 3 wc.
3 vaulted cellars dating back from the 12C, vestiges of the Templars
- Entrance to the 1st cellar -70m²- (cemented floor) and door to South/East facing courtyard
- Small double aspect wine cellar -10m²- (earth floor)
- Second cellar -30m²- (cemented floor) housing the press, laundry, oil boiler and a new geothermic heating system, door to the South/East facing courtyard
- A square tower -7.4m²- rebuilt in the 18C could be either used for a stone stairway or (like planned here) for an elevator to access the 3 stories ; it is attached to the front South/East façade
Access by beautiful stone staircase with double revolution, from the South/West façade or by interior staircase
- At split level a guest wc with hand basin
- Reception room -70m²- old guard room (exposed stones/under floor heating being installed/ French ceiling/stone fireplace) french windows giving onto exterior staircase
- Double aspect Music Room -40m²- (18C Chenonceau wooden floor/french ceiling /stone fireplace)
- Double aspect Dining room -32m²-
- Double aspect Kitchen -18m²- gives on to the dining room but the 2 rooms can be separated (electricity/plumbing in place/under floor heating being installed/partly exposed stone walls) ; door to interior service staircase
- Shower room/wc
- Hallway (mostly oak flooring) leading to :
- Double bedroom -20m²- (original poplar flooring/plastered ceiling/plastered boarded walls/large fitted cupboards)
- En-suite luxury shower room/wc (equipped with the japonese type « Toto » wc)
- Double bedroom -22m²- (original poplar flooring)
- Double bedroom -18m²- (oak flooring)
- Double bedroom -12m²- (oak flooring)
- Family bathroom -13m²-
- Separate wc at the end of the hallway (japonese type « Toto »)
- Large fitted cupboards
THE SUMMER HOUSE
- Country kitchen -40m²- (tiled flooring/plaster boarded and exposed stoned walls/plaster boarded and insulated ceiling with some exposed beams) 2 wooden doors open onto both facades and also on a large paved terrace -45m²- and the parkland
- Sitting room -24m²- (beech parquet/plaster boarded walls and ceiling)
- Wooden staircase leading to mezzanine/bedroom -15m²- (beech parquet/1 velux window)
- Possibility of adjoining a bathroom
- 2 former barns are currently used for garage (4 cars) and a woodshed.
- 2 attached houses for guests or rentals. 80m² each.
- Septic tank for the guest wc
- Main septic tank being installed
- Oil fired central heating with hot water (electric emersion heater in summer) and geothermic system via the well with waste going into the pond
- 1 extra emersion heater for the 2 shower rooms
- Wooden single glazed windows, except for 1 which is North facing
- The 2nd floor is completely renovated
- New tiled roof
- Water/electric meters shared between the 2 dwellings (new three phases electricity)
- Electricity and watering in the parkland
The Summer House (fully refurbished in 2009/2010)
- Grease trap
- New tiled roof
- Heated through air conditioning system
- Aluminium double glazed windows
- Council tax : 2347€;/annum
BORDEAUX Sud, Demeure de Prestige 10 Room (s) 400 m², Land 400000 m², 6 Bedrooms, Fitted kitchen
The latest luxury chateaux for sale • Angoulême
Situated at the gateway to Angoulême, this exceptional property of 52 ha (130 acres) enjoys a wonderful, quiet and unspoilt setting. The general configuration includes a magnificent 17th and 18th century logis (manor house), vast outbuildings (1800 m²), a chapel and a dovecote. Offering approx. 700 m² of living space, the logis has been beautifully restored and mainly comprises: entrance hall, 3 reception rooms, dining room, large dining kitchen, laundry, hunting room, 4 large bedrooms (which can be expanded to 5) all with ensuite bathroom, another salon. All rooms are light and airy due to the high ceilings and large windows. The logis has beautiful original features, including an exceptional stone staircase and fantastic large fireplaces. The outbuildings include a 4 bedroom caretaker's cottage (160 m²), a guest house to renovate (160 m²), two large banqueting rooms (150 and 160 m²), a chai and various buildings that can be used in many different ways (gîtes, chambres d'hôtes, etc...). All roofs have been redone. The property has a beautiful 3 ha walled garden where it would be possible to build a swimming and/or a tennis court. The environment is truly wonderful. This extraordinary estate is one of the most beautiful properties ever marketed by Maxwel Storrie Baynes in the Charente!
Nestled in the Charente countryside, in the most magical setting, this stunning 15th century property is the ideal place for anyone searching for natural beauty, quietness and relaxation. The configuration includes a château of 650 m² (but with potential for more than 850 m²), a two bedroom guest house (108 m²), a three bedroom caretaker's house (148 m²), a huge barn of 440 m², various outbuildings, a garage, a workshop and a beautifully restored dovecote converted into an annexe. The chateau has been meticulously restored to a high specification and mainly consists of an entrance hall with a superb stone staircase, 2 large lounges, bar, drawing room, dining room, study, kitchen, laundry, utility room, 4 large bedrooms with ensuite bathroom and a fifth suite to complete. All rooms are beautifully decorated - a blend of contemporary and authentic design. The ambiance is quite unique. The property offers various seating areas for diner, aperitif or just contemplation. Beautiful views from the west terrace, especially at sunset. The property covers 105 contiguous ha (262 acres) of land, 1/3 meadow, 1/3 woodland and 1/3 agricultural land (leased). Possibility to buy more land. This outstanding property is a sanctuary of understated luxury and harmony. A fantastic place!
Magnificent château with a fabulous history dating back to the 11th century. Built on top a hill on the edge of a pretty country village and surrounded by vineyards, the location could not be more perfect. The chateau of 700m² offers a magnificent entrance hall, two imposing sitting rooms, a wood panelled library and spacious chateau kitchen where copious meals can be served from. Nine bedrooms over two floors and six bath/shower-rooms offer a very comfortable living environment. Comprising of about 700m² of living space together with a little house of 200m² and a farm of 320m² and open barn of 50m². There is an apartment in the farm of 140m². All these vacations set on a 4.5 hectares of land.
Ref. 3169 : French chateau for sale in Poitou-Charente region
Located at 30km away from Angouleme, in a quiet area and with a dominant position, this chateau gives an extensive view over the green countryside. At 4km away from the property, a small town offers shops, services and schools.
The property is composed of a main building covered with tiles and two corner pavilions on both sides. Some elegant and small dormers adorn the roof.
This chateau offers about 880 sqm and comprises:
On the ground floor : a large entrance with a staircase with banisters and French chevron, three connecting reception halls (dining room, large living room and small living room) with wooden floor, woodworks and fireplaces, a billiards room, a large kitchen and a back kitchen, toilets and cloakroom.
On the first floor: 9 bedrooms including 7 with bathroom and toilet, an independent apartment, with an outside access, including: a living room with an open kitchen, a bedroom with a bathroom and toilets.
On the second and third floors of the two pavilions: 8 bedrooms with their bathrooms and toilets to renovate.
The outbuildings comprise:
A former orangery converted in a reception room of about 180sqm with a bar and toilets.
A stable of about 500sqm which could be used as a reception room.
A caretaker' s house turned into two accommodations.
Adjoining the chateau, an independent guest house.
Horse loose boxes.
A nice tree-lined entrance avenue leads to the entrance porch of the chateau. The park offers an unobstructed view of the countryside. The green surrounding is pleasant. Meadows for horses.
All in about 14.82 acres.