For sale, in the heart of vineyards, splendid listed Château of the 14th and 16th centuries, completely renovated, of approximately 7000 sqft of living space with outbuilding, wine storehouse, pool, all in 14ha.
Less than 1h30 from the Basque coast, the beaches and Spain, and 1h from Pyrenees ski trail, built on a hillside, on an old medieval motte with stunning views over the Pyrenees, vineyards and woods, you will be seduced by this place full of history, which belonged to illustrious Gascon families.
Renovated with taste and having preserved all its authenticity: parquet in 'Versailles' solid oak in the bedrooms, visible beams, stones, Renaissance fireplaces.
Local shops, schools and colleges located a few kilometers away.
The entrance into the domain is made by a portal with stone pillars opening onto a courtyard leading to the north the outbuilding and the cellar; and to the west the castle.
The main gate of the castle located at the height of a floor leads to a small closed court called 'court of the guards' and serving:
- a hexagonal tower comprising a staircase with screws, in stone, serving the ground floor and the 3 floors of the main building
- and a second tower called Tour 'Saint-Michel'
Main building :
The ground-floor of the castle consists of :
- a living room decorated with massive beams and a fireplace in Renaissance style stones (50 m ²)
- a dining room with French window leading to the terrace and fireplace (37 m²)
The living room and the dining room are separated by a magnificent wrought iron opening
- a fully fitted kitchen, central island, 'La Cornue' stove (18 m²),
- a laundry room fully fitted with cupboards (10 m²)
- and toilet
The first floor is composed of :
- a bedroom with fireplace (38 m²) and bathroom with Italian shower, bath on feet, and double sinks
- a second bedroom (30 m²) and bathroom with bath
The second floor consists of :
- a bedroom (42m²) with Renaissance style fireplace, bathroom with bath on feet, double sinks, hammam and balcony that communicates with a hanging balcony at the northeast corner.
- a bedroom (40 m²), with stone fireplace and toilet
The third floor is composed of :
- a bedroom (45 m²), with beautiful exposed beams and bathroom with bath on feet
- a bedroom (40 m²), also with exposed beams and bathroom
South Tower ('Saint-Michel')
The ground floor consists of :
- a billiard room with fireplace and balcony
- a storage room (12 m²) with numerous cupboards
- a Tavern (30 m²), bread oven and bar opening onto the large terrace
The first floor is composed of :
- a bedroom (42 m²), exposed stones, fitted cupboards and reversible air conditioning.
- and a shower room with 'fountain' shower double sinks and toilet
In the basement of the tower is a magnificent wine cellar (42 m²), fully furnished.
Outbuilding, beautiful stone building including :
* A guest house composed of:
on the ground floor :
- Living room with tommette tiled floor
- a kitchen / dining room with fireplace and access to a terrace
first floor :
- two double bedrooms and one single bedroom
- a bathroom with bath and toilet
* A wine storehouse (56 m²) with storage area (53 m²) on the ground floor and meeting room / office on the first floor
- Listed 'pigeonnier' dating from 1572
- Huge suspended terrace (250 m²), with separate barbecue area overlooking the pool
- Swimming pool 12x5 m, natural stone beaches, salt water treatment, electric shutters, heated
Pool local, cloakroom and toilet
The vineyard consists of 0.70ha in property and less than 8ha in land renting.
Top of Form 1
Silver medal at the Concours Général Agricole in Paris for one of the cuvées of 2014.