When visiting our website, information may be recorded in "cookie" files installed on your computer,tablet or mobile telephone.
This page will help you to understand what a cookie is, what it is used for and how to configure it.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a text file that may be recorded, subject to your choices, in a dedicated space of the hard drive of your device, when consulting an online service using your browsing software.
A cookie file enables its issuer to identify the device on which it is recorded, throughout the cookie's validity period.
2. WHAT ARE THE COOKIES ISSUED ON OUR WEBSITE USED FOR?
The cookies used on our website enable to identify the services and sections that the user has visited and, more generally, the user’s conduct in terms of visits.
This information is useful in order to provide a better personalisation of the services, content, offers and banners that are shown on our website and to facilitate browsing on our website.
Cookies are also necessary for the correct operation of certain services or for audience rating purposes.
Cookies may also be included in advertising areas of our website.
2.1. Cookies that we issue on our website:
When you connect to our website, we may be required, subject to your choices, to install various cookies on your device enabling us to recognise your device’s browser during the validity period of the cookie in question.
The cookies that we issue are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices, as a result of the parameters of your browsing software used when visiting our website.
The cookies enable us to:
1. Facilitate your browsing on our website:
• by adapting the presentation of our website to your device’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our website, depending on the visualisation or consultation equipment and software that your device has,
• by memorising the information related to a form that you have completed on our website (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our website (service used, content consulted, etc. …).
• by enabling you to have access to reserved and personalised areas of our website, such as your account, through usernames or data that you may have provided to us previously and
• by implementing security measures.
2. Improve our services:
These cookies enable to draw up statistics and volumes of visits and use of the various elements making up our website (sections and content visited, browsing patterns, ...) in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services.
3. Adapt the publicity offered on our website:
• by counting the total number of advertisements displayed by us on our advertising areas, to identify these advertisements, the number of users having clicked on each advertisement and to draw up statistics,
• by adapting our advertising areas to your device’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), depending on the visualisation or consultation equipment and software that your device has,
• by adapting the publicity content displayed on your device depending on the browsing of your device on our website,
• by adapting, where appropriate, the publicity content displayed on your device according to the location data transferred by your device with your prior consent and
• by adapting the publicity content displayed on your device depending on the personal data that you have provided to us.
2.2. The cookies issued on our website by third parties:
a) Due to third-party applications included in our website
We may include computer applications from third parties in our website/application, which enable you to share content from our website with other persons or inform these other persons of your visit or your opinion regarding content from our website/application. This is in particular the case for the “Share”, “Like” buttons from social networks such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, “LinkedIn”, etc.
The social network providing such a button may identify you through this button, even if you have not used this button when consulting our website/application. Indeed, this type of button may enable the social network in question to monitor your browsing on our website, due to the simple fact that your account on the social network was active on your device (open session) while you were browsing on our website.
b) Through third-party content shown in our advertising areas
The publicity content shown on our website may contain cookies issued by third parties: either the advertiser providing the publicity content in question or another third-party company (communications advisory agency, audience rating company, targeted publicity service provider, etc.), which has associated a cookie with the publicity content of an advertiser.
Where appropriate, the cookies issued by these third parties may enable them, throughout the validity period of these cookies:
• to count the number of displays of publicity content shown on our advertising areas, to identify the advertisements thus shown, the number of users having clicked on each advertisement, enabling them to calculate the amounts owed due to this and to draw up statistics,
• to recognise your device on its future browsing on any other website or service on which these advertisers or third parties also issue cookies and, where appropriate, to adapt these websites and third-party services or the advertisements that they display, to your device’s browsing.
c) By an external advertising management firm using our advertising areas
Our website’s advertising areas may be used by one or several external advertising management firm(s) and, where appropriate, contain cookies issued by one of them. Where appropriate, the cookies issued by these external advertising management firms enable them, throughout the validity period of these cookies:
• to count the total number of advertisements displayed by them on our advertising areas, to identity these advertisements, their number of respective displays, the number of users having clicked on each advertisement and, where appropriate, the later action performed by these users on the pages to which these advertisements lead, in order to calculate the amounts owed to the members of the publicity supply chain (advertiser, communications agency, advertising management firm, display website/medium) and to draw up statistics,
• to adapt the advertising areas that they use in order to meet with your device’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), according to the visualisation or consultation equipment and software that your device has,
• to adapt the publicity content displayed on your device via our advertising areas according to the browsing of your device on our website,
• to adapt the publicity content displayed on your device via our advertising areas according to previous or later browsing of your device on third-party websites in which the management firm in question also issues cookies, subject to these cookies having been recorded on your device in accordance with the choices that you have made in relation to this advertising management firm,
• to adapt the publicity content displayed on your device through our advertising areas according to the location data (longitude and latitude) provided by your device with your prior consent and
• to adapt the publicity content displayed on your device in our advertising areas according to the personal data that you may have provided to this advertising management firm.
3. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE COOKIES
If you refuse the recording of cookies on your device, or if you delete those that are recorded on it, it is possible that you may no longer benefit from a certain number of functions required for browsing certain parts of our website.
This would be the case if you were to attempt to access our content or services which require that you identify yourself.
This would also be the case when we – or our service providers – may not recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your device, its language and display parameters or the country in which your device appears to be connected to the internet.
Where appropriate, we decline all liability for the consequences related to reduced functions in our services as a result of the impossibility for us to record or consult the cookies required for their operation and that you have refused or deleted.
You may choose at any time to put forward and alter your choices in terms of cookies, using the means described below.
3.1. Blocking a cookie through your browsing software
You may configure your browsing software so that the cookies are recorded on your device or, on the contrary, are blocked, either systematically or depending on their issuer. You may also set your browsing software so that the acceptance or blocking of cookies is offered to you each time, before a cookie may be recorded on your device.
In order to manage the cookies and your choices, setting up each browser is different. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will enable you to know how to alter your choices in terms of cookies.
For Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
For Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For Safari : http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/
For Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
The "Flash"© cookies of "Adobe Flash Player"™
"Adobe Flash Player"™ is a computer application which enables the quick development of dynamic content using “Flash” IT language. Flash (and the applications of the same type) memorise the parameters, preferences and use of these contents with similar technology to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"™ manages this information and your choices via a different interface from that provided by your browsing software.
As your device may visualise content developed with the Flash language, we suggest that you access your Flash cookies management tools directly at http://www.adobe.com/au/privacy/cookies.html
3.2. Blocking a publicity cookie
You can manage the use and operation of these cookies by going to the publicity cookies management platforms offered by publicity professionals: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices and by following the instructions given there. You may thus find out about the companies registered on this platform, which offer you the possibility of blocking or accepting the cookies used by them in order to adapt the advertisements likely to be displayed to your browsing information.
3.3. Blocking a cookie issued by a social network:
If you do not wish for our website to record cookies issued by a social network, you can click on the following deactivation links which will record a cookie within your browser aiming solely at deactivating them. Deactivating these cookies will therefore prevent any interaction with the social network(s) in question:
• FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
• TWITTER : https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169453
• GOOGLE + : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
• LINKEDIN : https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy?_l=en_US
• YAHOO : https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/topics/cookies/index.htm
• YOUTUBE : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
For more information about cookies https://ico.org.uk/